Website Security Updates Milton Keynes
Your website is a critical part of your business therefore cyber security should be a key concern. Our Website Security Updates service provides a proactive approach to keeping your website secure and up-to-date, greatly reducing the chances your business and customers become a victim of a cyber attack.
What are website security updates?
Website security updates are released to improve security and patch vulnerabilities in the core software that make up your website – this includes WordPress and third-party themes and plugins.
Some vulnerabilities present security risks and can be addressed by regularly updating your website. WordPress is one of the world’s most commonly used content management systems (CMS) to build websites and a prime target of hackers. Themes and plugins installed on your website may also contain security vulnerabilities. In addition to updates offered in your WordPress theme and plugins, they can bring you newly added features for a better website and user experience.
Why you need to keep on top of your website security.
How we proactively manage your security updates.
Here at Makilo, we provide a website security service to support companies like yours with keeping your website up to date with the latest security patches.
We take a proactive approach to website security management involving our ‘Plan, Test and Update’ process:
- Planning for updates means understanding your website’s build and the different combinations of WordPress plugins that make it function as a tool for your business. Check the theme and plugins are from reputable developers that actively update and support their software.
- Testing updates involves reading developer release notes for breaking changes and checking if your key features still function correctly in an environment that’s not going to disrupt your customers. To do this we design a Testing Procedure bespoke to your website.
- Updates are rolled out to the live website with confidence and minimal disruption to your customers.
Is your website a Laravel application? Our experienced Laravel developer is here to provide support and maintenance to keep your Laravel application up-to-date with the latest security patches.
What are the benefits and the cost?
By regularly updating your website, you can help prevent security threats and gain access to the latest features.
- WordPress core software updates
- Theme and plugin software updates
- Testing procedure – checking key website functionality and test forms
£75 (excl. VAT) per month (billed annually)