Websites come in all shapes and sizes… well only if they are responsive! Whether you are looking to get a new website or upgrade an existing one; we have compiled a list of ‘5 Must Haves For Your Milton Keynes Website’ to help you make informed decisions…
5 Must-Haves For Your Milton Keynes Website
- Responsive Design – An ever increasing number of people are surfing the web on smartphones and tablets. This number is only going to rise. With this trend in mind, modern websites should be optimised for use on these devices. Responsive websites will automatically re-size webpages (and their content) to fit portable device screens. If you have an existing website that isn’t yet responsive, we’d suggest you act fast! Your website visitors may be finding it difficult to navigate your website on their smartphones. As if that wasn’t a good enough reason to take action; Google is now taking into account how ‘mobile-friendly’ a website is, affecting your rankings in the search results (ouch!). See this article in The Guardian – Google’s ‘mobilegeddon’ will shake up search results.
- Upgradeability – Your website will undoubtedly need regular updating, adjusting, modifying…etc. Make sure your new website is easily upgradeable to meet the future requirements of your business, charity, organisation or project. WordPress is a great option that we highly recommend. WordPress makes it quick and simple to upgrade your website in line with the changes you need and the ever evolving requirements of a modern website (we love it so much that we use it ourselves!).
- SEO Ready – Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is a big topic that we’d be happy to discuss over a coffee (contact us to arrange a time). In essence you want your website to be found on Google and other search engines. SEO can help with this. While every website can be optimised, some website platforms make it easier to make the required changes than others.
- Feature Rich – Your website must be able to provide the features that you and your customers/clients need. The functionality it provides should be able to evolve and change in line with your own requirements. For example, you might not need an online shop now, but who’s to say you won’t in a few years time? Make sure your website can integrate with social media, popular video platforms, provide reviews, maps etc. Find out if all these features are available as a standard or if it will cost you considerably more to install them in the future.
- Security – ‘No one will hack my website right?’ Wrong! We see attempts happen all too often. Cyber security is a growing area of concern for most website owners and web developers alike. Over and above using a secure password, make sure that your website is as secure as possible and regular backups are made.
Want a website with all this and more?
We offer beautiful websites that include all the above features as well as many other digital marketing services.